Large Scale Central

Bachmann At TrainLand Today 3/18/2017

Bachmann VP Of Sales And Marketing Rich Janyszeck is At TrainLand Today 3/18/2017

He brought the new egg liners! We will be doing a facebook live event at 11:00 that you can see on our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/TrainWorldLLC

The live video is posted and you can see it here. Lot of G scale talk including egg liners, speeders, future runs of product.

https://www.facebook.com/TrainWorldLLC/

Ken,

Thanks for the link, but it isn’t worth a tinker’s toot to those of us don’t do Facebook. I would request that you consider that all the peoples of the train world don’t have time to waste with social media (not to mention that my company considers it a security risk). Consider that companies that are eliminating web sites in lieu of Facebook are removing folks like me as a potential customer. Maybe you don’t feel that ‘one or two’ customers will break the bank, but it also removes me from the recommendation list as well.

Maybe if it were open to the public in stead of only Facebook members might change my thoughts.

Bob C.

Ditto, plus I thought we had a separate forum for advertisements. Greg

Bob “IA3R#7” Cope said:

Ken,

Thanks for the link, but it isn’t worth a tinker’s toot to those of us don’t do Facebook. I would request that you consider that all the peoples of the train world don’t have time to waste with social media (not to mention that my company considers it a security risk). Consider that companies that are eliminating web sites in lieu of Facebook are removing folks like me as a potential customer. Maybe you don’t feel that ‘one or two’ customers will break the bank, but it also removes me from the recommendation list as well.

Maybe if it were open to the public in stead of only Facebook members might change my thoughts.

Bob C.

companies that are eliminating web sites in lieu of Facebook

It’s a real cheap and easy way of getting visual information in front of your clients. No web designer necessary.

But it is also lazy and ignores those of us who want to stay away from “social media”. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)2 thumbs down to Trainworld.

I don’t understand what all the complaining is about.
You have a company trying to do there best to promote a dying hobby and they are using resources that are available and FREE.
Sorry if none of you are on social media, but don’t attack one of the few companies that is actually trying to raise awareness of products for our hobby.
Maybe they should just do nothing so the hobby can go away entirely, then you all can say “see we told you so”.
What a joke.

Ken Bianco said:

The live video is posted and you can see it here. Lot of G scale talk including egg liners, speeders, future runs of product.

https://www.facebook.com/TrainWorldLLC/

Ken

Thanks for posting the video. Having the opportunity to listen to various manufacturers discuss their product is a great service. I also enjoyed the MTH and ESU videos. Keep up the good work and I hope you have the opportunity to post other large scale manufacturers.

For those that do not do social media, most company facebook pages are public meaning that you can view the page exactingly the same as a normal WWW page and you do not need to join the social media site.

The direct link to the various videos that Trainworld has posted is

Trainworld Videos

Simply click on the video you wish to watch.

Stan Ames

Greg Elmassian said:

Ditto, plus I thought we had a separate forum for advertisements. Greg

Bob “IA3R#7” Cope said:

Ken,

Bob C.

It is Greg… Look under the heading, shows as Ads and announcements, which is under the vendors and manufactors tab… If you choose not to use Facebook, or any other social media site because of security risks, than why are you even online in the first place? LSC is social media, but no one here is complaining that Bob is hosting this site. Or as afraid of any security issues/data mining. I’m not trying to be mean, but it sometimes feels that a few people get up in arms anytime they see a link to a Facebook page. 99% of the time you can open the link without being a member, and I’m sorry to say that’s where the next generation of modelers are sharing information at.

Craig Townsend said:
…Look under the heading, shows as Ads and announcements, which is under the vendors and manufactors tab…

Exactly.

Craig Townsend said:
…I’m sorry to say that’s where [facebook] the next generation of modelers are sharing information at.

I know I’m old-fashioned (and old)----I like baseball, chess, trains, books, grammar, and cribbage----but I’m beginning to wonder about this new-fangled facebook thing. The thing is, I like my website, and I put a lot of effort into it, and I think it’s really nice looking, really well done actually. But one of our brethren here, and I feel like an idiot for not remembering who, maybe Todd out on the Cape? (the brain! the brain!) was saying he got thousands more look-sees on his facebook page than he ever gets on his website.

So I don’t know. Part of me wants to get into facebook, but I can’t imagine the monumental task of getting information on it from my website. Plus, it’s about all I can do to keep up with what’s going on here in our own little community without adding something else to keep track of.

Color me on the fence.

Other than a few yahooey groups 20 years ago, this is as social as I get. I’m already offended by stories devoid of pics, stuffed instead with twitter/fb links …

But heck, after they turn off my insurance as threatened, it won’t matter.

I hope all y’all work it out.

John P. Put a link to your site on your fb page.

John

Guys, this was ORIGINALLY posted in the GENERAL forum… it has been moved QUIETLY to the proper forum.

If you had read yesterday that is where you would have found the posts, two of them, to go to a facebook advertising page.

I read every post every day. Craig and John, you did not and unfortunately there is no evidence that the post has been moved (not good).

In any case, I am not senile, and had made a request to move the posts because it would establish a precedent that ANYONE could use the general forum for advertising.

So Bob C. and I were and are in our right minds. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I believe in the site and forum structure here, Bob has fine tuned it to work well and fairly, and we can choose what to read by category.

Greg

Vincent, let me answer your statement this way. I just picked up about 2K worth of second hand train stuff from a local individual. That represents 2K worth of business Trainworld, and any other who only uses Facebook, will never see. All future purchases included. There are a large majority of the modelers that have disposable income to spend that are not social media folks. I view it as Trainworld’s loss, not mine. I will vote with my dollars going somewhere the vendor is willing to make his advertising available to me, the buyer.

Craig, LSC has never been hacked that I am aware of, and BD does not have any of my personal information such as required by Facebook. I have lost count of the number of times Facebook has ADMITTED to being hacked, and the number of personal information stoled is untold.

I stopped using Paypal for the same reason. They are too insecure and want way too much personal information. Your risk your life your way, I will protect mine my way.

Bob “IA3R#7” Cope said:

Vincent, let me answer your statement this way. I just picked up about 2K worth of second hand train stuff from a local individual. That represents 2K worth of business Trainworld, and any other who only uses Facebook, will never see. All future purchases included. There are a large majority of the modelers that have disposable income to spend that are not social media folks. I view it as Trainworld’s loss, not mine. I will vote with my dollars going somewhere the vendor is willing to make his advertising available to me, the buyer.

Well…

Trainworld does advertise in other ways. I get a Trainworld email almost daily. Also, They post here on LSC, and not always with Facebook links. Plus they have a good website where you can search for what you want, unlike others, where I have to wade through 10 pages to find what I am looking for. So I think the negative comments toward Trainworld are a bit, well, a tad exaggerated. I would like to see more businesses in the business section of LSC, not fewer of them. If businesses get this kind of negative reception here on LSC, then Bob won’t have to worry about that section, because there won’t be any business posting there.

Also, Trainworld employees have always been helpful and cheerful on the phone, unlike some other vendors I have dealt with. And they respond to my email questions, again, unlike some others out there. So you can poo poo Trainworld if it makes you happy. But Trainworld is one of my go to dealers when I need something. Since each year there are fewer and fewer dealers to deal with, I think we should be supporting the good ones, like Trainworld, not giving them a thumbs down, because we choose not to participate in one facet of social networking.

David,

From my OP

His link to the Facebook video was restricted to FACEBOOK MEMBERS ONLY. Not a very good advertising move, for those of us that choose to not be part of that social media.

Didn’t know it would be that difficult to understand the stupidity of bashing a vendor for posting content on FB to help and shine some light on our hobby…
any help into this dormant hobby is welcomed as far as I am concerned, I don’t care if it comes in the form of FB, craigslist, links to sale sites or carrier pigeon.
I guess no matter what not everyone will ever be satisfied until they only get it just the way they want… and only that way.

Bob “IA3R#7” Cope said:

David,

From my OP

His link to the Facebook video was restricted to FACEBOOK MEMBERS ONLY. Not a very good advertising move, for those of us that choose to not be part of that social media.

Bob

Strange. The link just worked for me. Gave me an request to login which I just ignored.

Most commercial sites on Facebook try their best to keep it open to everyone and I am sure that is Ken’s intent.

I still think it is great that Ken is hosting manufacturers and posting their videos.

Stan

V, I like the pigeon idea. Unfortunately Walther is out of stock:

https://www.walthers.com/wild-animal-figures-1-24-1-25-scale-pigeons

However I did find some 1:35 carrier pigeons…maybe with a little forced perspective they could work?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Hauler+Models+1+35+U+S+Pigeons+of+War+in+WWII&_trksid=p2047675.m4100

Ugh, don’t know where to start on this. Im a bit surprised by the reaction of some on this forum. Sorry for those offended by my post. I figured many G scalers might want to see some new product from Bachmann and even ask questions to the Vice President Of Sales and Marketing at Bachmann Trains. You do not need to join facebook to watch the live stream. Anyone can watch it. I figured this was a huge value for non New Yorkers who can’t be at the event to see the VP of Bachmann and talk about their new products. I don’t see many hobby shops out there bringing in top executives and offering the community a chance for a q&a.

I dont understand why someone would be mad at me, give me two thumbs down or brag that Im not getting their business because I offered this through facebook. Even to call me lazy or view me as cheap… I host tons of in store events, spend 6 figures on marketing through traditional magazines, forums including this one!, ad space, newspapers, and yes social media. I don’t just have a facebook page, I have a youtube page, I have a real site where you can watch the videos and more. Yes facebook offers an easy way to offer live free events and I will take full advantage of it. I don’t see many hobby shops out there offering the same thing. I do my best to promote the hobby but when I see negative comments for offering a free opportunity to see a manufacturer it really drives me crazy. I post a lot of these same opportunities on an o scale forum and a lot of them post questions for me to ask the manufacturer on their forum. I am always happy to get their questions in and respond to them instantly. It always works out great and never had any negative feedback.

Thank you for the guys who stood up for me, I really appreciate it. If it wasn’t for you I probably wouldn’t waste my time explaining myself and not come back. Who wants to pay to help sponsor a forum and then be berated for trying to do something good? Anyways, we had over 3.1 thousand views in 2 days and Rich The VP At Bachmann answered over 100 questions including many G scale questions.

Best,

Ken Bianco Jr.
TrainWorld