Large Scale Central

Building Log of the Manufacturers Railway Switching Puzzle

Cleaned up to protect the innocent (edit).

I kid as is my nature…

Jeeze, I hit post and the post disappeared… dunno what happened… I re-entered the post…

Now I see it showed up over here… on a different thread…

Killing it…

Thanks John…

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Ric, this may be sacrilege, but have you considered N scale to get more in the same space. It’s extremely reliable now, and you can get sound units that are actually not bad at all.

Basically you could model about twice the distance and 4 times the area.

Greg

Greg, a big part of this layout is to display my collections of the last 8 MRS Engines that I have in HO, plus a large amount of rolling stock I have accumulated over the last 40 years. So the reason for HO. Remember, I’ve been in “Large scale” since 1996 and except for occasional flashback, pretty devoted. The new digs have allowed this to be brought out when it is toooo hot.

Lou - How hot is it? 74 was the low last night. Suppose to be 98 degrees with matching humidity, today. This is Fair Week in Clinton County, Illinois. Historically, so miserable the farmers only want to be outside at night. This is the first time we’ve been her at this time of year in 15 years. So the reason we attend the Invasion and stay up at the Finger Lakes Live Steamers. Hope to be traveling again in a couple of weeks.

All “progress” put on hold as we do some research development in unknown parts of the Country!

Interesting , the only pictures to see are the table, none of the actual build. I will let my imagination run wild.

Pete Lassen said:

Interesting , the only pictures to see are the table, none of the actual build. I will let my imagination run wild.

That’s the name of the game Pete!

Pete,

As much as I hate to say it, Rooster is right. (Yes, he can quote that) This is a journey, not a completed project or a project to be completed. This is my retirement project. To be worked on as time and energy allow. To try ideas and stress over detail before the actual mistakes are made. Currently, we are away from this individual project, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t on my mind. Saw some prototype trackage the other day, that was a wonderful interchange. So little time, so much to learn and forget.

Wait a minute! Rooster is right??? How can that be? Wow…who knew we would EVER see THAT phrase? (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Ric Golding said:

Pete,

As much as I hate to say it, Rooster is right.

Eh, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. Heck, on rare occasions, even I have been…well…not totally wrong.

You know, we got here in the western part of the USA, thinking we would get away from our standard interruptions in life and there it was on I-84 in the Columbia River Gorge, “Rooster Rock State Park”. Just when I think I’ve gotten away, they drag me back in.

19 June, 2018 - “Heat Wave hits the Midwest”, who would have thunk? Why am I in this part of the World? Blame Andy and his desire to have Bluestone Southern Ops in the cooler (?) time of the Summer. Plan is to head north Thursday for the annual family vacation, but in the void we work on the projects that can be in a controlled cooler environment. No reason to post pictures, because there is just a mess on the layout board as roadbed is placed and interpretations of what can be modeled are discussed with myself and other interested imaginations.

For those of you still interested - Google “Arsenal Street., St. Louis, Missouri”. Go east to the river and you’ll see the trackage of the now defunct Manufacturers Railroad. Augie Busch’s pride of the Brewery and the source of my modeling ideas. Selective compression is a real situation here.

Heat drives us inside, but imagination keeps us wanting us to do something with a railroad.

But Ric… It’s not even summer yet…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Spring is the new Summer, I’ve been threatened with 110F (again) this Saturday …

and I’m cooler (by temp only) than those poor souls in the Valley of the Singed (Phoenix metro)…

John - “The Valley of the Singed” boy that would be a logo any Tourism Bureau would be proud of. I spent a couple of years one summer in Arizona at beautiful Fort Huachuca, pronounced howiechucowa, or at least that’s what it looked liker to my 19 year old mind. Not a bad place in the mountains back in the 60’s, but Tucson and Phoenix were certainly warm. Bride is fairly certain she’ll never see that part of the World with me.

Andy - Did you win the marathon?

Ric Golding said:

John - “The Valley of the Singed” boy that would be a logo any Tourism Bureau would be proud of. I spent a couple of years one summer in Arizona at beautiful Fort Huachuca, pronounced howiechucowa, or at least that’s what it looked liker to my 19 year old mind. Not a bad place in the mountains back in the 60’s, but Tucson and Phoenix were certainly warm. Bride is fairly certain she’ll never see that part of the World with me.

Andy - Did you win the marathon?

Ric, yes, and with a record time…

Ric Golding said:

For those of you still interested - Google “Arsenal Street., St. Louis, Missouri”. Go east to the river and you’ll see the trackage of the now defunct Manufacturers Railroad. Augie Busch’s pride of the Brewery and the source of my modeling ideas. Selective compression is a real situation here.

Uummm…That’s some serious selective compression there Ric. Looks like it’s still pretty busy there. Do you know who owns the orange or red locomotive right off of Arsenal St (aerial view appears to be GP30 fan arrangement)

Never mind I think I answered my own question (I think) …

http://www.patriotrail.com/services/affiliated-companies/affiliated-railroads/foster-townsend-rail-logistics-inc-ftrl-railway/

" Rooster " said:

Never mind I think I answered my own question (I think) …

http://www.patriotrail.com/services/affiliated-companies/affiliated-railroads/foster-townsend-rail-logistics-inc-ftrl-railway/

I’ve heard of that happening…