Large Scale Central

KOPS Part 2

Plans DO change! While I thought we’d be on our way right now, Jean is not quite up to it.

On May 17, Jean broke her OTHER femur (the first one broke in 2017 - she says it’s a good thing she only has 2) Anyway, she’s in a bit more pain than she feels comfortable with, so we’re sitting this one out. Will sure miss everyone!

Holy crap. Sorry to hear this Bruce. Hope Jean heals quickly. You will both be missed

So sorry to hear that Bruce. I can’t go either, unfortunately (long story), but I’m sad for Jean. Hope she heals up real quick.

And how are we supposed to proceed with no Yardmaster in Delores. Sheesh.

Hope she feels better soon.

Ken Brunt said:

And how are we supposed to proceed with no Yardmaster in Delores. Sheesh.

Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks…and I had just got my critter ready to run for the job,too…

I guess we’ll just have to muddle our way through it…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Ric and Jan arrived and the usual BS session, we decided to do the set outs for the session.

Here’s Ric with “Bruce Almighty” setting out the cars in Delores Yard.

Heading out with a string of tankcars.

Entering Hesperus.

It was a bit muggy, but there was a breeze. Around dinner time the sky opened up and seemed to cool things down.

Stay Tuned for further adventures…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Very happy to see the ol’ Boxcab running!!! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Thanks for the pictures!

I got a kick out of him naming it "Bruce “Almighty”. He had fun running it.

1 Like

Hope the weekend goes well… Sorry to have missed this one…

1 Like

We were having such a great time, nobody remembered to take pictures. Sorry fellas…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

1 Like

Ken Brunt said:

We were having such a great time, nobody remembered to take pictures. Sorry fellas…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Actually, I understand completely!

Very good!

Since you guys haven’t any pictures to share; anyone craving for pictures, AND VIDEO, can simply go over to “Mike’s Blogs” at www.ovgrs.ca and see the fun and friendship we had yesterday, here in Canada…

I’m glad you had a successful day, Ken…so did we. It is the first operation here in two years, and the first of continuous Saturday operations until October.

Fred

1 Like

Fred Mills. said:

Since you guys haven’t any pictures to share; anyone craving for pictures, AND VIDEO, can simply go over to “Mike’s Blogs” at www.ovgrs.ca and see the fun and friendship we had yesterday, here in Canada…

I’m glad you had a successful day, Ken…so did we. It is the first operation here in two years, and the first of continuous Saturday operations until October.

Fred

Dang I didn’t see Mike while I was at Ken’s, What time was he there?

1 Like

I hope you are joking, David…None of us up here in Canada could be there…AND WE SURE WOULD HAVE LIKED TO BE THERE…because the border is still closed, we can’t be…

I have always thought that visiting Ken, and enjoying his hospitality, Friendship, and operation, a MUST ATTEND each year…I wish I could have been there.

We are fortunate to have Mike Hamer, who generously takes pictures, and videos of our operations in Ottawa, and area,to share in a generous manner, with anyone who can’t be here, and is at all interested in the shared friendship he is promoting. There are others, in our group who unselfishly share through Mike’s blog, to other’s enjoyment too.

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

I hope you are joking, David…None of us up here in Canada could be there…AND WE SURE WOULD HAVE LIKED TO BE THERE…because the border is still closed, we can’t be…

I have always thought that visiting Ken, and enjoying his hospitality, Friendship, and operation, a MUST ATTEND each year…I wish I could have been there.

We are fortunate to have Mike Hamer, who generously takes pictures, and videos of our operations in Ottawa, and area,to share in a generous manner, with anyone who can’t be here, and is at all interested in the shared friendship he is promoting. There are others, in our group who unselfishly share through Mike’s blog, to other’s enjoyment too.

Fred Mills

It’s always nice to have somebody dedicated to pictures.

I did get some pictures, but it wasn’t at my house.

Ric and I decided to head up to Strassburg and catch 611 in the station.

And they had this little bugger running.

1 Like

Ken and I had a great day at the Strasburg Railroad. Talk about a Summer day of doing not much of nothing. Ken and I arrived at Strasburg at 12:25. Just in time to watch the first train of the day, at 12:30, back out of the station. Until the last train of the 4 trains of the day came back, that’s the one Ken filmed, we basically sat in the shade. The ride on live steamer, ran back and forth behind us. The people got on the train and we wished them a good ride and then we welcomed them back, when they returned. We did get a drink and an ice cream. Every once in awhile, we had to change benches to stay in the shade. It really ended up pretty perfect. You know the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum is across the street. That’s the parking lot we parked in. Nope, didn’t even bother to go inside, too stressful. Yep, probably best, I don’t live any closer than I do to the Strasburg Railroad. This could easily become a weekly habit. Made me think of “days gone bye”, goin down to the town’s station to watch the train come in.

1 Like

Actually Ric, that was the second train of the day. And it was FULL!

The first one was at 11.

1 Like

Ric Golding said:

Ken and I had a great day at the Strasburg Railroad. Talk about a Summer day of doing not much of nothing. Ken and I arrived at Strasburg at 12:25. Just in time to watch the first train of the day, at 12:30, back out of the station. Until the last train of the 4 trains of the day came back, that’s the one Ken filmed, we basically sat in the shade. The ride on live steamer, ran back and forth behind us. The people got on the train and we wished them a good ride and then we welcomed them back, when they returned. We did get a drink and an ice cream. Every once in awhile, we had to change benches to stay in the shade. It really ended up pretty perfect. You know the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum is across the street. That’s the parking lot we parked in. Nope, didn’t even bother to go inside, too stressful. Yep, probably best, I don’t live any closer than I do to the Strasburg Railroad. This could easily become a weekly habit. Made me think of “days gone bye”, goin down to the town’s station to watch the train come in.

You still need to see Safe Harbor and Martic Forge along with A LOT MORE …when you visit Ken’s!

1 Like