Large Scale Central

large scale in MR!!

shout out to Steve Bittinger in august edition or MR’s trackside photos

great model great layout and great photo .

Anyone know where I can see more of his work?

thanks

deleted

Harvey Henkelmann said:

I thought MR was HO-only

The NMRA folks are gonna be up in arms over this. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Good, I like seeing them torqued off. That’s partly why I run a Tyco train on their set up, with the X2F horn hook couplers.

deleted

John K. Saunders said:

shout out to Steve Bittinger in august edition or MR’s trackside photos

great model great layout and great photo .

Anyone know where I can see more of his work?

thanks

Wish I could see the pic without getting the magazine. I’m sure it’s modern if your giving him a shout out here John.

modern like chopped nose GP 9 in the brown WM livery.

I would just like to see more photos of this layout.

John,

The November 2016 edition of Railroad Model Craftsman has an article on Steve Bittinger’s layout.

Great pictures and a track plan as well.

Paul

great find

great layout!

thanks

JKS

Paul Stanton said:

John,

The November 2016 edition of Railroad Model Craftsman has an article on Steve Bittinger’s layout.

Great pictures and a track plan as well.

Paul

As good as that article is, I had to figure out which pictures showed the layout outside. It appeared at first it was just an indoor layout. There is a several page spread of it and includes the large layout map taking up 2 pages. I just wished it had more pictures of the layout outside too. It left me wanting more.

Again it is a nice article with 6 page coverage. 6 actual pictures of the layout. Nice workmanship in what’s shown.

I agree we need more pictures of this layout. it is a masterpiece!

I agree we need more pictures of this layout. it is a masterpiece!

So is his layout in both MR and/or RMC ?

Good for him (and the hobby) if in both all-scales mags’ imho !

doug c

p.s. the last time (a couple yrs ago ?) there was an article in MR about a ‘travelling’ LS layout. Kalmbach later had similiar article about the same layout in GR, but with less pages Which had me shaking my head at them (Kalm’).

Found these from his 2010 open house.

great pics

thanks

Awesome layout! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

-Kevin.

Great! I really like the detail.

Old post here, but Steve’s layout is also featured in the “2021 Great Model Railroads” issue published by Model Railroader. Also has two articles in the new annual “2021 Garden Trains Annual” published by White River.