Large Scale Central

LGB & Aristo OnBoard

New to the forum. I have been “listening in” for about a year and have learned a great deal. Now I need specific help. I have an LGB engine from a starter set. It claims to be decoder ready on the bottom of the engine. Can I take and install the Aristo 75 MHZ on board reciever directly into this engine? If so, is it a simple plug as in an aristo engine. I have done that so feel I could be competent to install if the same is true for this LGB engine. Thanks for any help.

No, the Aristo receiver is not plug compatible.

They are talking about plug compatible with the LGB MTS system, not other manufacturers components.

Some Engines are DCC compatible with plug ins but not LGB.

New to the forum. I have been “listening in” for about a year and have learned a great deal. Now I need specific help. I have an LGB engine from a starter set. It claims to be decoder ready on the bottom of the engine. Can I take and install the Aristo 75 MHZ on board reciever directly into this engine? If so, is it a simple plug as in an aristo engine. I have done that so feel I could be competent to install if the same is true for this LGB engine. Thanks for any help.

Hi Jim, and welcome.
Like Dennis says, what that means is that the LGB decoder will fit in. There really isnt a standard for R/C (yet).

That said, wiring up an Aristo receiver isnt too difficult, if you understand basics of electronics (red is positive, etc). The instructions with the receiver are very clear, and it just takes a bit of investigation into your particular locomotive to find out what wiring needs to be clipped, and re-wired.

-=Bob

Jim… I just converted a new LGB Sumpter Valley to run using a older Trackside TE. Basically all the TE does is furnish power to the main LGB board. I tried to hook it up using the LGB electronix and it wouldn’t work.

I isolated all the track pickups by physically removing them from the power trucks. Cut the track power lead and soldered the feed from the TE into the LGB board. The power comes from the tender, through the ribbon cable connecting the tender to the locomotive and it works wonderfully. I get full sound except the voice announcements as they only play with MTS. All whistle and bell triggers are done by track magnets.

It works great for the way I run… The neighbors love it as the whistle blows and the bell dings whenever it passes their back deck.

The conversion can be powered by any R/C system.