Large Scale Central

New meaning to tank engine

A friend tagged me with this photo on Facebook. This gives a whole new meaning to tank engine. I just happen to have a Bachmann lil big hauler saddle tank loco that I am stealing the motor block out of and will have a spare shell.

Devon;

Somebody got a bit happy with Photo Shop on that photo. Over 43 years ago I was up close and personal with #65 on many occasions, both as the fireman and the hogger. She was a good puller, but a normal 0-6-0st with only railroad tracks (NOT tank tracks) beneath her chassis. My pet name for her was Petulia, and she steamed freely if you built her fire correctly. The Wanamaker, Kempton & Southern has no rail connection to the outside world, so, regrettably, she cannot be given the mandated Federal inspection. Petulia is now more of a static display these days.

As an interesting aside, Petulia was the prime motive power during the building of the Safe Harbor hydroelectric project.

Best wishes, David Meashey

Kinda looks like a Lombard log hauler.

Oh gee Bob thanks. Add that to the very long list of odd steam stuff I NEED to model. I need a few more lifetimes

Lombard log hauler…

Here’s video of one with wheels on the front instead of skis:

And here’s one in the snow:

Here’s a photo of a later gas-powered Lombard with the strangest snow plow I’ve ever seen:

https://goo.gl/photos/9yXJctxCfNeU9bYN7

Lol okay that snow blower is a hoot. Dang it add it to the ever growing list of “have to model that but never will”.

So I think I just heard Devon say he’s going to model a Lombard Log loader on skis with a snow thrower.

Is it done yet?

Bob McCown said:

So I think I just heard Devon say he’s going to model a Lombard Log loader on skis with a snow thrower.

Is it done yet?

I used to think I liked you Bob. . . Whats dumb is guess what I went and did last night while I had insomnia. I put a bid in on Ebay for a 1:32 plastic tank model kit. I have a lil big hauler saddle tank shell just laying around. The friend that shared the picture with me will be getting a belated (maybe very belated) Christmas present.

A Lombard steam tractor log skidder snowblower with skis is just right up m alley. Thanks Bob.

Bob McCown said:

Kinda looks like a Lombard log hauler.

Okay, but what’s a Lombard log and why and where would one be hauling it?

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)