Large Scale Central

New USAT SD40-2

https://charlesro-com.3dcartstores.com/usatrains_sd40.html

i am very excited for this

The price isn’t bad either!!! If Ro’s price is $420, then street price should be about $390 or so! Great price on a brand new 6axle loco, that is the most popular one ever

I’m not a fan of the SD40-2, but I’m a real big fan of the new USA Trains F7-A/B (SP Black Widow scheme) set that’s coming, hopefully before Christmas.

A USAT SD40 exclusive (SP Black Widow) is also in the works.

Also looking forward to the Accucraft GP60 (SP Bloody Nose) which should be here soon.

Also on my shortlist to buy is the remake of the GP38-2 (SP Bloody Nose/speed lettering) that should also be released soon. It’s been a few years since those were in stock.

So…good stuff coming for the Diesel guys!!

As to the original poster’s link that shows the USAT SD40-2 in Santa Fe warbonnet livery, apparently it won’t be available to the end of the year. By clicking on the Charles Ro website individual picture of a given loco, it usually shows a status of availability.
Example ATSF SD40-2 warbonnet description tab shows “ORDERS ACCEPTED-EXPECTED AVAILABILITY BY 12/20/2021”

As to the USAT F7s; I would prefer to see the scarlet and gray livery version. I have an ABA set of the F3 black widow livery version, so I think the F7 is too close in looks to the F3 to duplicate it.

For those concerned about prototypes, the Daylight livery that USAT has was not used by SP on the F units; however, SP’s subsidiary, Cotton Belt, had one FP7 in daylight livery. The FP7 was a slightly longer loco to accommodate added water tank capacity.

-Ted

Ted Doskaris said:

For those concerned about prototypes, the Daylight livery that USAT has was not used by SP on the F units; however, SP’s subsidiary, Cotton Belt, had one FP7 in daylight livery. The FP7 was a slightly longer loco to accommodate added water tank capacity.

-Ted

Are you planning on a modded FP7 to accommodate the added water capacity since you are this deep into the prototype ?

Only asking (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Hi Rooster,

No so much planning to do a mod at this time.

Some people are very concerned about prototypes, and I like to check the models to see how prototype they are. I got use to doing this when figuring out the best way to body mount and design 3-D printed CamPac boxes with centerset couplers.

-Ted