Large Scale Central

OVGRS 2021 Operations have started ...

The OVGRS has started operations, after a year of “The lock-down”

Saturday, July 10th was our first of Saturday operations for 2021. We operate every Saturday, weather permitting, through to the middle of October…or whenever the season gets too cold or wet.

Every Sunday, or at least within a day or so of our weekly OPERATIONS, Mike Hamer posts a blog of the experience.

Check in for his blogs on the OVGRS web page at: www.ovgrs.ca

The blog contains cheerfull commentary, short videos, and loads of pictures.

We usually have at least 15 operators taking part, in OPERATING the IPP&W Railroad. Switching, dispatching, meets on the single track railroad, along with comradery, and friendship are featured.

Please feel free to link in, and enjoy the fun.

Any word yet when the border will open again for leisure travel ?

Jon Radder said:

Any word yet when the border will open again for leisure travel ?

Nothing definite, but the last I read is Aug 21 or thereabouts.

The border is still closed, and the most early date of re-opening seems to rest on the US, and its fight to stem the spread of the virus.

I would very much like to get the FLLS open house, if it happens this year, but I fear we will not be able to cross the border in time.

There is some hope that it might open in late August, or sometime in September…but who really knows, with the changes/variations in the virus, and the varied attitudes towards getting the “Jabs”. There is too much political stupidity to even think of getting people to just get the jabs and get over it. Just because a person is very healthy, can’t stop the virus, if that person comes in contact with it, when the chance of survival is threatened without the vaccine.

We have great freedoms in North America…even the freedom of Gross Stupidity…along with the freedom of speech, which I’m practicing.

Thank you for putting up with my long winded note on the subject…now let’s get back to MODEL RAILROADING, and FRIENDSHIP.

Fred

Thanks Fred and Bob.

The way things are going in the US lately, that August date is probably not going to happen. We just returned from an 18 day trip to Colorado and New Mexico where, except in the airport and on the plane, we were pretty much able to pretend the epidemic was over. Reports of surging numbers were on the news out there, but we came home to a dose of reality where hospitalizations and deaths are once again on the rise and new restrictions seem likely. I take some solace in the fact that the new surge is largely around the un-vaccinated, but it sure was nice to experience mask less fun with our kids and grand kids.

There was a Facebook meme running around the other day that the point of which was that COVID can fix stupid. If you are un-vaccinated please reconsider. If you feel you have a medical condition that makes it dangerous for you to get the shot, PLEASE get advice from your physician - Your physician alone is qualified to do a risk assessment.

@Bob - I have tried to keep politics out of this reply. If I failed, please feel free to delete.

Amazingly a private conversation comes to the fore. And to top it off the only Gross Stupidity is your belief that your ideological opinion and choice is the only choice anyone can sanely make. Freedom of speech really doesn’t make you God

Apparently there is a guilty conscience in this crowd, I didn’t see any names mentioned, or fingers pointed.

Ignoring the facts do not change them, nor make them go away.

Bob Cope said:

Apparently there is a guilty conscience in this crowd, I didn’t see any names mentioned, or fingers pointed.

Ignoring the facts do not change them, nor make them go away.

And another full of assumptions and a lack of knowledge on this thread I guess you weren’t invited into the private conversation then.

David Marconi,FOGCH said:

Amazingly a private conversation comes to the fore. And to top it off the only Gross Stupidity is your belief that your ideological opinion and choice is the only choice anyone can sanely make. Freedom of speech really doesn’t make you

And until Y O U brought the conversation into the general forum, it was private. And would have remained so had you left it alone.

Said my piece.

Politics.

On the West Coast if you have both shot you will be able to come North after Aug 9, but us Canadain still can’t go south yet go figure that out ???