Large Scale Central

RailPro with Direct radio

Wireless Model Railroad Control System with Color Touchscreen Handheld Controller. Here is sample of the screens to setup and operate your locos.

Please view the videos at http://www.ringengineering.com/RailProVideosPage.htm

Any new information on when this will be released? Everything I’ve read said in December 2016 or by March 2017. Do we know if they are going Battery power with this system or will it be track power like in HO?

Jake Eubanks said:

Any new information on when this will be released? Everything I’ve read said in December 2016 or by March 2017. Do we know if they are going Battery power with this system or will it be track power like in HO?

I installed this in my Mack railtruck with battery and it works quite well. There’s a lot to like about this system. Just waiting for the higher amp board.

Hi All, I was hoping for the new RailPro Large Scale module this week to show off at the O Scale Convention. But it is in development phase and they have two working prototypes. It takes a while to upscale the HO LM-3S but they are getting closer. According to Ring Engineering we will be impressed with the control and new high end sound system.

As soon as I received my demo unit I will post it. Don

Looks nice, would like to see the display in the sunlight in a video. Most color touchscreens cannot even bee seen.

Battery life with the screen at full brightness?

Greg

Looking forward to it’s release!

Hi Guys, the RailPro module has a name. LM-3S-G. List price is $180 with sound. I hope that price holds. Output to be 4-6 amps with a 8 amp start up surge. I do not know how long you can keep that surge before shut down. You can monitor your on-board battery voltage, current draw and temp from the info icon on the display.

Greg, the display is very bright at 50% brightness and will last 8 hours. At 100% brightness indoors is unnecessary, at 100% outdoors in direct sunlight it fades away. If I stand with my back blocking the direct sunlight it is readable. This will become an issue for you sun lovers. I will ask Ring at 100% brightness what is the expected battery time. Ring Engineering will be looking at the cost of an suitable outdoor screen. Luckily this is a plug assembly to make a quick change. There will be new videos created using G scale locos running indoors and outdoors.

Dan what brightness do you use when you run outdoors with the RailPro?

If development units are approved shortly, maybe we will see a demo in late July.

Don