Large Scale Central

Sad news

So Sad. Bart and I go back 25 years and he played a major part in the characters in my book. Miss you, old mate! Phil in Oz

Well, shucks. All my interactions with Bart were a combination of “what?” and “you have to be kidding me!” and “ha ha ha ha!”

What a great guy with 1,000,000 stories, each one more outrageous than the last. That PLUS being a great modeler.

He will indeed be missed…

Oh no! This is such sad news. I always enjoyed his posts.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Saw a posting on FB yesterday, that caused question of his well being and later in the day Ken called and confirmed the passing of Bart. Have very fond memories of him and the times we shared together. He attended a couple of our OPs Sessions, did some railfanning and chased old right of way with him. He would give me a call as he was getting an “Oil Change” (his term for dialysis) and catch me up on his latest modeling direction. Yes, that changed often. Always enjoyed his stories and his modeling. He’s a little part of all of our history of this form of model railroading. He will be missed. What a funny guy.

Ric Golding said:

Saw a posting on FB yesterday, that caused question of his well being and later in the day Ken called and confirmed the passing of Bart. Have very fond memories of him and the times we shared together. He attended a couple of our OPs Sessions, did some railfanning and chased old right of way with him. He would give me a call as he was getting an “Oil Change” (his term for dialysis) and catch me up on his latest modeling direction. Yes, that changed often. Always enjoyed his stories and his modeling. He’s a little part of all of our history of this form of model railroading. He will be missed. What a funny guy.

Nice post, Ric.

The problem for me is all of these YOUNGER folks leaving WAY too early. Or, perhaps, I’m just too old for this?

So sad!!!

My sympathies and condolences as well for Bart’s family, and to all you friends who knew him well.

Like Phil I had known Bart by correspondence for 25+ years.

Bart gave me lots of inspiration early on for modelling ideas.

My condolences to his family.

My wonderful spouse just located this https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/22123119/bart-alan-salmons/louisa/kentucky/young-funeral-home

Thanks Bob. His brother also posted that on Facebook. Very well written.

Thanks Bob for offering that link…

Dang, so sorry to hear this, such a loss.

Thought I should share this link as well for those that may not have seen it. https://www.youngfuneralhomeinc.com/obituary/Bart-Salmons

Will miss you Bart! A fine gentleman and friend indeed!

I knew Bart from chat, a few e-mails and phone calls. My favorite stories of his are "The lady who was going to get him fired from Walmart for his attitude. Even with the manager standing there telling her, she refused to believe he was not and never had been an employee of Wally World. and the family who came to his house beating on the front door and yelled at him for not maintaining the adjacent cemetery to their standards. He finally got them to understand that he was not the caretaker and the fact that his house was next door did not make it his job.

Of course his telling of these was hilarious. Along with the many tales of “The Ice Queen”, APE (Assistant Popcorn Eater) and his never ending hatred of Pizza Hut.

Also liked to discuss his 1/20.3 modeling, On30 and various SciFi models. His GB Proton pack was magnificent. Camera ready as they say.

I will miss you old friend. You and Mik try to stay out of trouble up there.

I met Bart a few times in Chat. Didn’t get in often due to time difference. Seems that we had three things in common. Large Scale railroads. one-time volunteer firefighter and church. Maybe we will meet one day when time difference is immaterial. RIP

Thank you Bob (Cope) for the link.

duplicate post.

I know Bart only from here, but will miss his posts. RIP.

Sorry to hear this I remember him from LSOL days

Trent Bradbury

Trent Bradbury

Trent Bradbury