I had a train day yesterday, and had a bit of a rough start. My Dash9 that led the wreck consist back in May started the day with a ditch light out. In the wreck, the conductor side ditch light broke free from the deck. I repositioned it, and the wires held it in place, so I left it as is. I’ll have to take it apart this winter and repair the damage. In the afternoon, it started working again, so I’m guessing it has a broken connection at the LED.
I pulled out my SD60f for a second train, and it stopped after half a lap with a seized axle. I spent the next hour tearing it apart, and repairing it. One of the motor connections broke off, so it was no longer getting power. I flattened a small piece of brass tube, and soldered it in place to extend the stub.
The rest of the afternoon went well.