Large Scale Central

Spring photo thread

" Rooster " said:

Shawn …I’m “Still” mystified as to how you hide the “Pull String”

Thanks guys.

Rooster the answer lies at the end of the rainbow

(https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31472507_10211703743404502_4165256766809964544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b9835a6d3c4047be9eae693295a67ccf&oe=5B8C07AC)

What is wrong with you guys? You have green stuff all over the place. Rip that trash out so you can see the railroad.

Don’t you know drought is all the rage for Garden Railroading this year! Look at what a nice compost pile it makes.

Beeeeeeeutiful!!!

I would cry over it but the tears would be enough to skew the rainfall totals state wide for the last 6 months. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

You need to borrow Shawn’s bike and ride it too the end of the rainbow Boomer !

Can I play ?

Sorry no Video

BoTPoy6.jpg

Can’t you hear the birds singing , the water running …

sVG2wvL.jpg

gqyC4B9.jpg

It’s nice to hear the train …

7IQyPYm.jpg

j94kORk.jpg

This end has the most colors …

It is always spring in Florida.

My last snow pile melted a week ago, so spring is here!

oops that isn’t a model! I was fireman on this engine for work weekend.

Pete Thornton said:

It is always spring in Florida.

Pete,

Nice to see someone beat me to the punch about always being spring in the tropics! Of course, we have volcanoes…

Eric

102 degrees F, It’s summer here! Spring was a blink.

Ye gods, John, that, to me is melting temperature. 80F is bad enough for me! Maybe AZ has a dry atmosphere whereas my neck of the woods often has a high humidity. I believe it is the humidity that makes life uncomfortable. At least it is cooler late afternoons and evenings and with the lighter days train running is best done then I find.

Alan Lott said:

Ye gods, John, that, to me is melting temperature. 80F is bad enough for me! Maybe AZ has a dry atmosphere whereas my neck of the woods often has a high humidity. I believe it is the humidity that makes life uncomfortable. At least it is cooler late afternoons and evenings and with the lighter days train running is best done then I find.

I stay cooler with new clothing technology, some of the newer micro fibers catch moisture and slows evaporation. Worn one can actually feel cold in the heat. I have a little towel 27" x 14" that when wet and the excess wrung out, can cool my hot head.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

https://arcticcool.com/shop/cooling-towel/

Humidity, precisely. Our advertising; but it’s a dry heat!

102F is a casual heat, 114F knocks me down.

but it’s a dry heat!

So is an oven.

I was stationed at Yuma Proving Grounds back in the early 80’s, and coming back from the firing range, heading back to the barracks on a Harley in 120 degree heat was like riding through a blast furnace.

Great photos guys. Took a few more the other night of my fire train.

Image may contain: plant, tree, train, flower, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree, grass, train and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, tree, train and outdoor

I want something like this. I would actually copy what you did I like it so much. I bought a small mining-type locomotive from Vic off of ebay years ago,got Kevin to make it work with onboard power, and started modifying it, but it’s been sitting around ever since dang it. It would make a good finish-something-you-started Challenge build!

Wow, I agree with John about Shawn’s “fire train” loco. That’s wonderful! Can I copy it too? For some reason I particularly like the rolled up canvas window covers. Lots of great little details in there.

Is there a build topic for it? Or more pix?

Ah, maybe this is the topic (link). Sadly the photos are no longer live.

Jim Rowson said:

Shawn is all about the now …No respect for “us” old guys

Jim Rowson said:

Thanks guys. Jim try using the non secure site on here. The pictures should come up. If you guys build this you can use the Hartland Birney trucks and Nico Corbo can 3D print the side frames that fit over the power blocks. I also built the Climax using Ted Stinsons plans from Garden Railways.

Few photos from this past weekend. Modified Roundhouse Sammie

Image may contain: 1 person, plant, outdoor and nature

(https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32313335_885456954974191_1971572769787215872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8c7a8de2ee0301d4c60f084809e07147&oe=5B8B17DA)

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, plant, tree and outdoor

Jim Rowson said:

Wow, I agree with John about Shawn’s “fire train” loco. That’s wonderful! Can I copy it too? For some reason I particularly like the rolled up canvas window covers. Lots of great little details in there.

Is there a build topic for it? Or more pix?

Here is the Class A I built using the Garden railway plans. I used Hartland Birney trucks and had Nico 3D print the side beams so they fit perfect onto to the powe blocks. The plans are nie although I would substitute the wood boiler for a plastic PVS T pipe like I did on the other Class A.

Image may contain: tree and outdoor