Large Scale Central

Eggliner Mods

I know not everyone is a fan of Eggliners, but I was able to acquire one of a good price a couple years ago and this is what it looks like now:

What you you all think? is there anything you feel I should add or subtract?
You can’t see it in the photo, but I have a Kadee on the rear. I’m hoping to pull a small train with it.

2 Likes

They will pull a train. They are pretty powerful! I have one and I occasionally pull a train at some of our run days for the kids. It’s always a big hit with them.

1 Like

Maybe a caboose?

Yeggi Link Caboose

PS would you walk us through your modifications?

1 Like

Absolutely!
For the most part, the mods are all cosmetic. The horn is from an Aristo diesel, the plow bell, and air tank (not shown) were lying in my parts bin. The plow attaches to the coupler screw mounts via a thin sheet metal bracket. The plow and roof were painted with spray paint (originally this was a Halloween Egg).
I also added a Kadee with a truck mount style box on the rear in place of the Aristo coupler. Lastly, it is converted to PIKO r/c.

1 Like

I started working this up a few years back.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That is awesome!!! It would be easy to make some craft stick units of lumber for it! I am guessing it probably only needs a single 2 axle truck under it

1 Like

It matches the eggliner oval dimensions so yes it’s intended to put on 2 axles. Maybe I’ll finish and share the files. The few people I’ve shown it to thought it was stupid but I don’t think they are eggliner fans. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A nice custom paint job Joe.
I did the similar with my eggliner. The paint brings it into the RR family and the front bumper keeps junk from getting under the wheels. It also designates the front from the back where there is loop for coupling.

I see yours has a bell and a horn. Maybe mine needs those too?

2 Likes

Todd,
Why not?
I figured if it was a locomotive, it had to have locomotive safety appliances.

1 Like

Came across this prototype on this page👈

1 Like

We left the eggliner stock, but we built a little wagon to go behind her:

Usually, she pulls a train of the 1:1 crews whimsical COVID creations ( Mueller Mini-Mik ).

I think you just have to embrace the eggliners for what they are, fun. I enjoy seeing them in full whimsy, and I enjoy attempts like Joe’s ( @Joe_Loll ) to make them “prototypical.”

Eric

2 Likes

Dan,

That eggliner centerbeam is brilliant.

How about a caboose? STL file Eggboose for Bachmann/Aristo Eggliner G Scale 🚆・Model to download and 3D print・Cults