Large Scale Central

Spring photo thread

Finally had a chance to run some trains after a long rainy stretch. The rain sure has helped green everything up and the flowers are all in bloom.

Image may contain: plant, tree, house, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, tree, flower and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

Hmm track powered … I was expecting live steam … Looks Great ! Shawn

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Hmm track powered … I was expecting live steam … Looks Great ! Shawn

Haha actually this is battery powered.

So many awesome photos!

Just a few of mine:

Good shots Alec!

Good weather has finally come to Maine! The past few days have been beautiful … time to run a train!

As always, I loved it. Thanks

Got back to MD for the summer, and it’s all growing here. Took my new trams to Jerry’s Spa Creek & McKendrick RR for a trial.

The green loco is a homemade euro-type tram I found at GRS in the UK. It ran beautifully but needs oiling before I take it out again.

That video made mincemeat of the formatting of my prior post. Youtube is doing something new and strange.

Nothing new and strange about embedding a YouTube video. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Nothing new and strange about embedding a YouTube video.

Oh yes? So why did my embed produce something bizarre and twice as wide as yours?

The post before had spacing totally messed up - you can’t even see the 3rd photo, nor can I see the Edit link.

Pete Thornton said:

That video made mincemeat of the formatting of my prior post. Youtube is doing something new and strange.

OK Pete,

Calm down. I looked at your post again and there was some extra stuff that is not usually there when you click on copy embed code. I deleted what was not needed and it looks like this. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Actually Pete …when when you play the video on You Tube …if you right click your mouse it will give you the embed code then just copy and paste that here with the procedure above on your menu (insert/edit video then hit embed and paste the code ) done. Good video BTW

Pete Thornton said:

Got back to MD for the summer, and it’s all growing here. Took my new trams to Jerry’s Spa Creek & McKendrick RR for a trial.

The green loco is a homemade euro-type tram I found at GRS in the UK. It ran beautifully but needs oiling before I take it out again.

The other is also a UK model, this time a GER C70 tram engine from the Wiosbech & Upwell railway. It’s mostly fibreboard/hardboard (!) with a Bachmann 4-wheel trolley truck.

It has a Bluerail receiver and an Anker bluetooth speaker inside, plus 4 Li Ion 18650 batteries. It also needs a new buffer.

Is this better Pete? A lot of messy code in this one that needed removal.

" Rooster " said:

Actually Pete …when when you play the video on You Tube …if you right click your mouse it will give you the embed code then just copy and paste that here with the procedure above on your menu (insert/edit video then hit embed and paste the code ) done. Good video BTW

Actually, that is exactly what I did. It isn’t the first video I have posted. [Credit for the video goes to Jerry.]

I looked at your post again and there was some extra stuff that is not usually there when you click on copy embed code. I deleted what was not needed and it looks like this.

The “extra stuff” came from Youtube.

I will switch this conversation over to the appropriate forum - no need to hijack this thread.

Pete Thornton said:

" Rooster " said:

The “extra stuff” came from Youtube.

I will switch this conversation over to the appropriate forum - no need to hijack this thread.

All this bridge talk …

" Rooster " said:

As our buddy Maynard pointed out to me the other day, we leave out a key piece of info…

We right click; On the Image.

Too many do their clicking on the page and miss the target.

John Caughey said:

" Rooster " said:

As our buddy Maynard pointed out to me the other day, we leave out a key piece of info…

We right click; On the Image.

Too many do their clicking on the page and miss the target.

I did not leave that bit of info to chance. https://largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/24780/you-tube-video-embedding-instructions