Large Scale Central

Purpose of this forum

His first post had ‘Information Leach’ in bold letters. He confirmed that in his response to Bob stating “I’m nearly finnished collecting …”. He was here solely for ‘what’s in it for me’.

Too bad for him. He lost out on meeting some really great people and really superb modelers. Rivets are wonderful, but not worth a toot if’n ya can’t seem 'em.

At the Parish Annual Luncheon (too late for a Christmas one) I had napkins but sadly as they were overprinted with holly leaves and berries were totally useless for artwork. Cigarette packs are out nowadays as it is unlawful, in the UK, to smoke in any building to which the public has access. Even bus shelters are in this category.

Shirt cuffs are no longer starched so all in all I had to forego any hopes of noting down any good ideas.

Regarding people who are unhappy with the Forum and its protocols I did think initially - that’s what comes of starting on the last page - that it was someone else Bob was referring to.

Either way the Forum has been running most smoothly and pleasantly in the last few weeks, rather like a well lubricated steam loco.

As tempted as I am ro continue this I think Bob Cope did a good job of bringing closure to this.

Shouldn’t we drag this back to the reason why Bob M. created this topic in the forums?

Doug Arnold said:

Shouldn’t we drag this back to the reason why Bob M. created this topic in the forums?

Nah…this is a lot more fun…:wink:

You bet your sweet Bippy!

OK, I’m outvoted!

Ahh here’s A tissue, WAIT I just might need it, I have an idea…

It is not for me to say whether Bob should close, or let continue this thread, After all his decision is the final one.

But, one of the purposes of the Forum is, I believe, to have fun and comradeship plus the continual flow of hobby related projects and advice.

I just knew, loco112. HAD to be from Dallas…

Us’n lesser beings here in the formerly great state of Taxes rarely see a napkin,

unless SWMBO has sent us to the drug store…

Maybe that’s what he’s talkin’ 'bout bob…

Shawn (napkin builder) Viggiano said:

Bob McCown said:

groan

Haha Bob just wait for Rooster and others. This might get even better…

Nothing from me as I’m mature these days

David Russell said:

Bob McCown said:

groan

Haha Bob just wait for Rooster and others. This might get even better…

Nothing from me as I’m mature these days

I guess the flue got you good. Everyone’s doing it Rooster.

I guess the flue got you good. Everyone’s doing it Rooster.

You guys are doing It?

Wow I didn’t think he rolled that way and was a total ladies man?

Dang! I guess I can’t participate on LSC anymore because my lovely wife refuses to buy paper napkins. We have those fancy cloth ones. I’m sure I would take a beating from her if I tried to use one to sketch on. Humm does TP work? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I have to tell you Craig, that a great many of the more famous, world changing and downright financially spectacular drawings were, in fact, done on linen napkins and not cheap restaurant paper ones. Thats how some still exist. So you may be able to participate after all: providing you can surreptitiously remove one from the linen cupboard or wherever she keeps them.

Just make sure they are well starched!

Risk a beating, you could be an LSC martyr. ha ha

Alan Lott said:

Just make sure they are well starched!

That’s exactly how my mom taught my two sisters and I how to iron. We ‘got’ to iron Dad’s handkerchiefs, place-mats, and cloth napkins… :stuck_out_tongue:

I see no reason to waste a perfectly good napkin :wink:

Delusions of grandeur abound with that gentleman.
He has spent his life collecting plans, and will probably fall over from a heart attack before ever turning a shovel on his “grand railroad”. That is, if someone doesn’t kill him first :slight_smile:
Ralph

Man I can’t believe this, I don’t look at this thread for 2 days and all H#%L brakes out. But it did answer the question I had about “Napkin Builders” after seeing Shawn add it to his name.

You’re probably right Ralph, this guys is so tightly wound that just the mear thought of doing anything on a “Napkin” will cause a heart attack. So much for his “Grand Railroad”.

All I know is that there are lots of great people on this site with lots of “Grand Railroads” and we have lots of fun. And we even have a Rooster. Let’s see him top that!!!

Chuck

"I’m nearly finnished**"** reading these 3 pages "and I’m impatient and freustrated" because my spell checker isn’t operating correctly…

Dang I can’t believe I nearly missed all of that…that dud(e) would be SO Unimpressed with my past tries…Oh well, they make my Kids smile!!!

I took a look at the forum he moderates. There are perhaps 3, maybe 4 people who post there, and you can’t even lurk without dispensation from the Master, hisself. You have to send him an email BEFORE you try to register, or your registration will be unceremoniously trashed. In this email, you must be able to convince El Loco that you are a Rivet Counter of the First Order.

Weird.

Hey, look at the bright side. If it wasn’t for Rivet Counters, everyone would think WE were nuts…:wink: